Custom Search

Monday, August 2, 2010

Bill Cosby Tweets "He's Not Dead!" Promotes New Phone App!



























Bill Cosby: I'm Not Dead And I Have An App To Prove It


Hey hey hey, here's a news flash for you kids: Bill Cosby is not dead.

The 73-year-old comedian took to his official Twitter feed on Monday to prove he is alive – and to promote his new iPhone application.

“Again, I'm rebuttaling [sic] rumors about my demise,” Cosby wrote to the million-plus followers of his Twitter feed on Monday afternoon. “But, I'm confirming I have an app - http://bit.ly/BillCosbyApp :)”

A few hours earlier, the “Bill Cosby dead” meme flared up, with searches for that phrase peaking around noon, and “Bill Cosby died” topping Twitter’s trending topics, too.

Cosby, one rightfully-skeptical report noted, “seems to be a favorite among those who start celebrity death rumors on the Web -- the same rumor circulated back in March.”

“As you well know, a dead person cannot rebuttal,” Cosby tweeted to refute that rumor. “Therefore, I am rebuttaling to tell you that when I heard the news I immediately began rebuttaling and went into denial."

With Cosby’s app plug, though, I have a sinking feeling this latest celebrity death hoax is going to do nothing but give viral marketers some new ideas.







Sources: The Wrap, Twitter, iTunes, Apple, NY Post, Long Island Press, Google Trends, Youtube

No comments: