PROJECT UPLIFT 2016: THE BLACK AMERICAN COMMUNITY WISHLIST:
21st Century BLACK American Communities need to offer BLACK Citizens more than just CHURCHES, CHICKEN JOINTS, CLUBS, & LIQUOR Stores.
BLACK Citizens are paying TAXES yet Our Communities often LACK Basic Programs.......Places.......and Resources necessary for everyday Survival.
We Need JOBS......EDUCATION......& SMALL BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES!
Welcome to PROJECT UPLIFT 2016!!
Since the BLACK Community remains the most Disadvantaged Community in America, here are 13 Programs & Places I would I like to see in every 21st Century BLACK American Community prior to the 2014 & 2016 General Elections.
I have Currently Observed most of these SAME 13 Programs in WHITE Communities. Including many Low Income WHITE Communities!
These 13 Programs will UPLIFT BLACK American Communities by Encouraging a Mentality & Spirit of SELF-SUFFICIENCY, and by creating EMPLOYMENT Opportunities for BLACK Citizens:
13 PROJECT UPLIFT 2016 PROGRAMS:
*1) ACADEMIC After School Programs with a Focus on reaching HOMELESS Students & Underachieving; At-Risk Students..
There will be Quality Tutoring in these areas:
LITERACY..........MATH.........SCIENCE.........ART........WRITING.......... SOFTWARE CODING.......and FINANCIAL LITERACY.
(SOFTWARE CODING is a very lucrative Career which does not require a College Degree.)
I would also like to see these ACADEMIC After School Programs offer BOYS-ONLY MENTORING Programs with Classes on getting into College.
Offer GIRLS-ONLY MENTORING Programs with Classes on getting into College.
* 2) Community Health Centers with a Focus on PREVENTIVE CARE instead of ABORTION Clinics posing as Community Health Centers.
* 3) Real PARKS and Real Walking Nature Trails for SAFE Exercise Options.
* 4) "OBAMACARE One-Stop Shop Education & Enrollment Centers" with Licensed Health Care Insurance Agents on-site.
In fact these "OBAMACARE One-Stop Shop Education & Enrollment Centers" could also offer Training Classes for Eligible Citizens to become Licensed Health Care Insurance Agents,
and...........Offer Training Classes for Eligible Citizens to become Certified Nursing Assistants.
* 5) Non-Partisan VOTING Centers with a Focus on VOTER REGISTRATION & VOTER EDUCATION.
* 6) SMALL BUSINESS Resource Centers with Classes on GRANT Writing & Cloud Funding,
and...........Affordable SMALL BUSINESS Hubs for New local START-UPS.
* 7) A Farmer's Market with Classes on Urban Farming & Healthy Cooking to Prevent DIABETES & High Blood Pressure.
* At least One NATURAL HAIR CARE Salon with a Focus on Growing & Retaining Healthy, Naturally Long BLACK Hair.
These Salons must also SELL NATURAL HAIR CARE Products.
And........Local Salons in BLACK Communities which offer COSMETOLOGY Training with a Focus on NATURAL HAIR CARE such as the AVEDA Institute.
The AVEDA Institute is #2 after PAUL MITCHELL.
* 9) LEGAL AID Program Centers with a Classes on Eviction.......Illegal Foreclosures.......Harassment from HOAs......Employment Discrimination......Hospital Double-Billing.
I would also like to see these LEGAL AID Program Centers offer Opportunities & Scholarships for Eligible Students who want to Attend LAW SCHOOL.
* 10) EMPLOYMENT Centers with a Focus on helping Unemployed Citizens to become Re-employed and receive JOB Training SKILLS.
* 11) Real LIBRARIES with Up-to-date Technology Labs for Citizens who lack Computers or the Internet in their Residences.
* 12) POLICE Precincts with a Focus on local POLICE forming Partnerships with BLACK American Citizens instead of Fighting against BLACK Citizens.
Eliminate "Stop & Frisk"!
Eliminate "Stand Your Ground!"
Eliminate "Walking while BLACK!"
Eliminate "Driving While BLACK!"
* 13) AFFORDABLE HOUSING…….Affordable Housing = CONSTRUCTION JOBS for Unemployed People!
Affordable Housing also = Community Revitalization!!