Custom Search

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

CURLY PROVERBZ, THE HENNA QUEEN: DON'T SLEEP ON HER YOUTUBE CHANNEL






CURLY PROVERBZ, THE HENNA QUEEN: DON'T SLEEP ON HER CHANNEL

Sources:  Black Girl Long Hair, YouTube 

If you've never visited the YouTube channel of Natural hair/ Health Vlogger Curly Proverbz I encourage you to please do so today.
Curly Proverbz (real name Farida) is from Ghana but currently resides in the UK.
She is married, has children, works and manages a successful YouTube channel.
She is a beautiful, pleasant young woman with a head full of naturally long, healthy hair who shows other women how to grow and maintain their own hair via the use of Henna and DIY Oil mixtures.

Introduce yourself!
F: My Name is Farida, also known as Remedy on my YouTube channel and I am from London.
Why did you make the decision to go natural?

F:
 I have been relaxer free for just over two and a half years. There was a time that I thought going relaxer free was crazy, I mean why would anyone choose that? Boy have my views changed. My mum used to texlax my hair every 8 weeks, however around the time I was due a relaxer she was on a vacation and for the first time in over 18 years I saw some of the texture, which I had previously avoided like the plague. It was a revelation and I loved what I saw.
How would you describe your texture?

F:
 I have a thick head of hair, which is 3a in the back and 3c at the front.
Describe your styling regimen over the course of the month.

F:
 I do a three week rotation in my regimen. I do a monthly henna treatment after washing my hair with African Black Soap to strengthen my hair, and always follow this with a moisturizing deep conditioner. The following week I cowash and deep condition. In the final week of my rotation I cleanse with Rhassoul Clay and follow with a deep condition again. This ensures a balance of strength and moisture.
What does wash day look like for you?

F:
 I prepoo with a coconut oil such as Vatika whilst I lightly detangle. I wash with either Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Shampoo or liquid African Black Soap. I then mix up my Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner with a tablespoon of my favourite oils – raw virgin coconut oilavocado oil and extra virgin olive oil as well as a couple of drops of lavender and rosemary. I leave it in my hair for at least an hour with or without heat (my steam without a steamer method). I then proceed to finger detangle and rinse. I then carry out my wash and go routine putting in my Giovanni Direct Leave-in Conditioner and sealing with aloe vera juice and raw virgin coconut oil.
Describe your favorite go-to hairstyle for days when you don’t have a lot of time to style.

F:
 I just moisturize, seal and throw my hair up into a simple bun.
How do you combat shrinkage?

F:
 I am not too bothered about shrinkage, but whenever I do want to stretch out my hair I detangle dry hair with coconut oil and place my hair into large twists to stretch it out. Alternatively I use the banding method.
What are some of your problem areas (if any) that require special care and attention?

F:
 Single strand knots – I seem to be getting more and more of these with increased length.
What are 2 do’s for your texture?

F:
 Do use aloe vera juice to get curls popping and shiny, and to minimize tangles. Use twists as a protective style to minimize tangles.
What are 2 don’ts for your texture?

F:
 Do not go for longer than a week without a deep condition and detangle. Do not comb out curls and leave hair out.
Is there a blog/webpage where we can find you?

F:
 Curly Proverbz on YouTube and Facebook. Instagram: Remz316. You can find videos of my hair journey, wash and go routine and regimen on my channel.

No comments: