Custom Search

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pat McCrory Enters 2012 NC Gov's Race With $2 Million War Chest!

McCrory starts run for NC governor with $2 million on hand

Former Charlotte Mayor Pat McCrory, who will formally announce a run for governor later Tuesday, had more than $2 million in cash on hand at the end of last year, according to new campaign finance reports.

The report, filed Monday, shows the Pat McCrory Committee received more than $2.6 million in contributions, $1.5 million coming in just the last six months of 2011.

The same report shows McCrory's committee spent $470,000 during that six month period.

McCrory, who was Charlotte's Mayor for 14 years, was also the Republican nominee for governor in 2008, but lost to Bev Perdue.

Perdue's campaign had slightly more than $2 million on hand at the end of 2011, but had raised more than $4 million total.

Perdue announced last week that she will not seek re-election.

Bob Hall, executive director of Democracy North Carolina, says Perdue can spend that $2 million on other campaigns, or give it to charity, but she cannot spend it on anything personal.

McCrory says 2012 campaign message won't change

So far, two Democrats have declared their intent to run for governor.

Lt. Governor Walter Dalton had $590,298 on hand at the end of 2011.

State Rep. Bill Faison had $507,359 in campaign cash available at the end of last year.

Read Pat McCrory's full campaign finance report here.

View Larger Map

Sources: ABC News, WCNC, WRAL, Google Maps

No comments: