Custom Search

Monday, April 12, 2010

Ben Roethlisberger Walks Free Of Sexual Assault Charges

Breaking sports news video. MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL highlights and more.

Breaking sports news video. MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL highlights and more.

DA: Roethlisberger Won't Be Charged

The District Attorney reviewing the case involving allegations of sexual assault against Ben Roethlisberger will not file charges against the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback.

"The investigation, interviews and report in the Roethlisberger matter have been completed and reviewed," said Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit District Attorney Frederic D. Bright made the announcement today at a news conference. He said prosecutors would not be able to bring a case that he would convince a jury "beyond a reasonable doubt."

Bright emphasized that the accuser did not want the case prosecuted.

Bright received the case last week from Milledgeville police and the GBI Tuesday night. As first reported by tThe Atlanta Journal-Constitution, their final report did not include a second interview with the Pro BowlAll-Pro quarterback.

A 20-year-old Georgia College & State University sophomore reported an alleged sexual assault March 5 that she had been sexually assaulted March 5, and police questioned Roethlisberger that night. At the time,that point the quarterback indicated he would return to Georgia for a second interview with police and the GBI, but he soon changed his mind.

Roethlisberger has, through his attorneys, denied the woman's accusation.

View Larger Map

Sources:, NBC Sports, MSNBC, Google Maps

No comments: