Custom Search

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Morganne M. McBeth & LaVena Johnson: U.S. Army Cover Ups & Murder

Both Morganne M. McBeth & Lavena Johnson of the U.S. Army died under eerily similar circumstances from Non-Combat injuries.

Lavena Johnson's death was later discovered to be from Rape & Murder at the hands of Male U.S. Army soldiers.

Could it be possible that Morganne M. McBeth's recent death was also caused by Rape & Murder at the hands of Male U.S. Army soldiers?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

More than 2,000 Female U.S. Military Service members are raped each year by their fellow Male service members. Where's the Justice??

I thank God for our troops working diligently to protect our nation but this needs to stop!

Women enlist into the U.S. Armed services for many of the same reasons Men do: Duty, Patriotism & Job Security.

No Woman serving alongside her male counterpart and comrade should be treated as such.

I'll ask again, Congress, U.S. Dept of Defense where's the Justice??

Morganne M. McBeth: 82nd Airborne Combat Medic Dies In Iraq Under Circumstances Similar to Lavena Johnson's Death

A 19-year-old U.S. Army Combat Medic with the 82nd Airborne Division died after being injured in a non-combat-related incident in Iraq Thursday.

Spc. Morganne M. McBeth, of Fredericksburg, Va., was injured in Khan Al Baghdadi and died Friday in Al Asad, the military announced Saturday. Details of the circumstances surrounding her death were not released.

McBeth belonged to the 1st Special Troops Battalion, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, based at Fort Bragg.

"Morganne treated all of her patients with unsurpassed compassion, regardless of their injury or illness severity," Lt. Abraham Medina Jr., a phyiscian's assistant who served with McBeth, said in a statement.

"Her vivid smile and attitude were contagious," he continued. "Regardless of how rough your day may have been, if Morganne entered the room, you were going to smile. Her spunky character and selflessness will be remembered by all who were privileged enough to have met her."

McBeth joined the U.S. Army in July 2008 and underwent basic training at Fort Jackson, S.C., and advanced individual training at Fort Sam Houston, Texas. She was assigned to Fort Bragg in February 2009 and deployed to Iraq last August.

"McBeth had a positive impact on all the paratroopers within the 1st Brigade Special Troops Battalion and will be dearly missed," brigade commander Lt. Col. Douglas Stitt said. "She was always quick with a smile and looked after her fellow paratroopers with keen diligence and respect."

McBeth's awards and decorations include the Army Commendation Medal with one Oak Leaf Cluster, Army Good Conduct Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal with Campaign Star, Global War on Terror Service Medal, Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon and Basic Parachutist Badge.

She is survived by her father, Leonard McBeth, and her stepmother, Sylvia McBeth.

A memorial in her honor will be held in Iraq.

"The 1BSTB Medical Platoon mourns the loss of a paratrooper, combat medic and a magnificent young lady," Medina said. "Most importantly, we are thankful to have had the opportunity to share life alongside Morganne Marie McBeth."

PFC LaVena Johnson

(July 27, 1985 - July 19, 2005) was a Private First Class in the United States Army whose death, officially ruled a suicide, has attracted international attention amid claims she was raped and murdered. She was the first female soldier from Missouri to die in Iraq.

The daughter of Dr John Johnson, a service veteran and Linda Johnson, Johnson was born and grew up in Florissant, Missouri. The 5'1" African American honor student enrolled in the Army immediately after graduating from Hazelwood Central High School. She was sent to Iraq and stationed in Balad. She had been there for 8 weeks before her death on July 19, 2005.

Johnson's death was officially ruled a suicide by the Department of Defense. However, her father became suspicious when he saw her body in the funeral home and decided to investigate.

The Army initially refused to release information, but did so under the Freedom of Information Act after Representative William Lacy Clay, Jr. raised questions about it at the congressional hearings over Pat Tillman's death.

The autopsy report and photographs revealed Johnson had a broken nose, black eye, loose teeth, burns from a corrosive chemical on her genitals, and a gunshot wound that seemed inconsistent with suicide. Several reporters have suspected that the chemical burns were to destroy DNA evidence of a rape.

A spokesman from the House Armed Services Committee said in June 2008 that the committee was looking into Johnson's death, but they were not yet committing to a formal investigation. Christopher Grey, chief of public affairs for the U.S. Criminal Investigative Command for the Army has said that the case remains closed as far as they are concerned.

Following a February 2007 KMOV news report on Johnson's death, an online petition addressed to the House Armed Services Committee and the Senate Armed Services Committee was launched.

This was followed by the creation of an official LaVena Johnson website dedicated to developments in prompting a new Army investigation of her death. The petition closed on May 24, 2008 with nearly 12,000 signatures; preparations are being made for delivery to the two committees.

In July 2008, the online Black activist group Color of Change launched an online petition calling on Henry Waxman, chair of the House Oversight Committee, to conduct a hearing into LaVena Johnson's death and the Army's handling of her case and others like it.

View Larger Map

Sources: Young Turks, Wikipedia, WRAL, Youtube, Google Maps

No comments: