Custom Search

Monday, August 1, 2011

"Sugar-Coated Satan Sandwich!" Emanuel Cleaver On Debt Ceiling Deal (Videos)














Cleaver: 'If I Were A Republican, I Would Be Dancing In The Streets'

Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.), the leader of the Congressional Black Caucus, who earlier in the day called the emerging debt ceiling deal a "sugar-coated Satan sandwich," stood by his criticism in an interview with MSNBC following Obama's announcement of the deal.

"We lost this early on," Cleaver said. "I came back to Washington at the beginning of the year thinking we were going to create jobs, and we allowed the national discourse to change from jobs to the debt, and so right now there's very little we can do."

"If I were a Republican, I would be dancing in the streets," he said. "I don't have any idea what the Republicans wanted that they didn't get. And I can't tell you anything that Democrats got out of this deal, except that we're probably going to prevent the nation from crashing."



View Larger Map


Sources: Huffington Post, MSNBC, Youtube, Google Maps

No comments: